Wednesday, June 8, 2011

And We Have Contact!

So, wouldn't it figure that after I posted my update in Limbo I would get an email from M!?!  I figured I would share the email that I got from her and then the one I sent back...Just for a little more insight.

FROM:  M


Hey Crystal.

I’m so sorry it’s taken so long to contact you. 

It’s been a busy time with DS' (took out their sons name; DS means Dear Son) 3rd birthday, family visits, out-of-town travel and general life craziness.

Also, we just  haven’t known what to tell you.  We still don’t know quite what to do next, so everything is still in the air.  We hope to make some sort of decision soon, but as you can imagine, it’s just such a big and difficult thing to think about. With only one embryo left (and this one has been refrozen, unlike the others), our hopes aren’t high, and it’s a lot to go through to get all the way to transfer day only to be told that it didn’t survive the thaw, or doesn’t look viable.  So we’re feeling a little stuck.

That said, we will make some kind of decision soon-ish, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can with that.

In the meantime, I hope you know – completely – that you did everything you could have to make these two transfers successful.  We know that we are just victims of the odds (about 50 %), and they just didn’t go our way. We hope that you aren’t blaming yourself in any way.  We certainly don’t have anything but great feelings about you.

Be well, and we’ll hope to be in touch soon.

M


FROM:  ME

Dear M,
It is SO good to hear from you guys!  I'm glad that you are doing okay! 
I agree with you 100% that you are in a very tough position right now, and although I can't fully understand from your level, I do know that any decision regarding the whole process shouldn't be rushed or even taken lightly.  I am glad that you emailed me though, it takes away the feeling of unknowing, which is a relief.  Not whether or not you will want to move forward, but that you are okay. 
Happy 3rd birthday to DS!  How exciting and what a fun fun age!  I am turning 10 x's that age on Saturday and am looking forward to making the most of this upcoming decade of my life!  :)  It's going to be wonderful! 
Have a beautiful day! 
Crystal
Thank you all for reading my blog and sharing this journey with me!  I appreciate you all!

OH!! And BIG News for me (more for my friends Allissa and Gilbert)...but I'm going to be a Godmother in December!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm so uber excited!  LOVES! Congrats guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment