Monday, October 18, 2010

My Announcement to the Formal World

Over the past 8-9 years, I have encountered many people, both friends and strangers who have had or are having a hard time conceiving a child.  Some of them have overcome this with the assistance of medical intervention or divine intervention, I will leave that to you to decide.  One of these couples in particular, I'll call them C & S for privacy purposes, were and are great friends of mine, and in 2002, I swore my womb to them if they ever needed it. 

Obviously, many years have passed and we live in different cities.  C has undergone a surgical procedure in hopes that it will increase the chances of her becoming pregnant (fingers crossed!)  I, on the other hand, am not getting any younger and inspired by C & S, have decided to carry another couples child.  We'll call them M & M, for privacy of course, and because it's fun! 

M & M are also a couple that I have encountered that are unable to conceive the conventional way.  They do have a child that M carried, but she was on bed rest the entire pregnancy (which lasted only 29 weeks) and she almost bleed to death when giving birth.  M has a blood disorder and the risks of her carrying another baby are too high, and that's where I come in.  They already have embryo's frozen at the fertility clinic and the doctor said that they all look fantastic.  With that, they will only be inserting one of the embryo's into my womb, which really cuts down the chance of multiples (yay!)

There is much to be considered when becoming a surrogate and the process is more than tedious.  I have gone through back ground checks, social worker home checks, psych evaluations, as well as physical examinations.  My fiance has also been subjected to these same evaluations.  There are lawyer's and contracts galore involved, as there should be with such a delicate issue.

M & M are amazing people and I am very lucky to be able to assist them in such an amazing way.  I am very excited about this and I look forward to sharing my journey with you.  In the future these blogs may become more graphic or personal, but I will caution you before you proceed to read them.  Thank you for allowing me to share.  Much love and many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment